Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Is it payday ???

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peeker:
    6 weeks?!?
    HOLY CRAP!

    I get mad if it's a day late...


    and yes, it's payday for me.
    after rent, I have $6. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">my paycheck is never on time. six weeks is actually pretty standard for me. I haven't received a bi-weekly paycheck in well over a year.

    according to my boss, if I go for more than two weeks without a paycheck, it's my fault for not reminding him enough. so he forgets to put in the check request for weeks, it builds up, and then I get a paycheck for the full six or so weeks owed to me.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well, it's gotta be nice getting a big payoff like that, but man...
    6 weeks without cash, I'd be screwed.
    and homeless. [img]eek.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 316what's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2003
    Posts
    2,830
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peeker:
    well, it's gotta be nice getting a big payoff like that, but man...
    6 weeks without cash, I'd be screwed.
    and homeless. [img]eek.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But more importantly, BEERLESS [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peeker:
    well, it's gotta be nice getting a big payoff like that, but man...
    6 weeks without cash, I'd be screwed.
    and homeless. [img]eek.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yup. if it weren't for my jewelry making business, I'd be screwed. it's what paid for my car getting the work that it needed done, and helps tide me over from paycheck to paycheck. I've sold a lot of my work lately, so it hasn't been too bad, but I still get pissy over my paychecks being so late.

    if it weren't for the fact that my boss also happens to be my father, I'd never put up with my paychecks being late like this.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ahh....that does make a difference.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Slytherin Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2004
    Posts
    3,650
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Originally posted by TheUnquietGrave:
    if it weren't for the fact that my boss also happens to be my father, I'd never put up with my paychecks being late like this.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahhhhh, important information there! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peeker:
    and yes, it's payday for me.
    after rent, I have $6. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...hey, man, can I borrow $5? [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ?SNAPE?:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TheUnquietGrave:
    if it weren't for the fact that my boss also happens to be my father, I'd never put up with my paychecks being late like this.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahhhhh, important information there! [img]wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yup.

    see, we both work at a university. he's a teacher, and the director of the IT training department.

    I'm the test administrator for the IT/computer science department. he's top of the totem pole. I'm almost at the bottom..I'd say I'm perhaps one step above his lab assistant. so the university pays me, but because it's his department, he happens to be my boss...and thus he controls my paychecks.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Moviemaniac4's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    11,803
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Cool

    Originally posted by ?SNAPE?:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TheUnquietGrave:
    if it weren't for the fact that my boss also happens to be my father, I'd never put up with my paychecks being late like this.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahhhhh, important information there! [img]wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No more Questions your honor.....

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peeker:
    ahh....that does make a difference.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yup. it's still annoying, cause it's not a throwaway job or anything..it is my actual and only job that I was trained and certified to do, and if anyone else were doing it, he wouldn't dare screw with their paychecks like that. without a certified admin he's up a certain creek without a paddle..so if I left that job, the test center would close down for god knows how long til they could find someone else.

    so that's why it annoys me. ah well. I might be moving on soon..another department might want to hire me, so I might not have time for my admin job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •